Effective Date: July 7, 2021
The Information We Collect
We collect and receive information through the Website in two ways: (1) when you voluntarily provide information to us, such as when you submit or upload information to our Website or create an account; and (2) when we collect information automatically about your use of the Website, such as through cookies. These methods are described in more detail below.
- Information You Choose to Provide
You may choose to provide certain information to us when you use the Website. The information we collect through this method will vary depending on the type of service you are requesting, and how you access those services. The following are examples of situations in which you may provide information to us through the Website.
Information you provide through the Website
When you visit our Website, we may collect information about you when you upload documents, complete contact forms, sign up for communications, complete questionnaires or surveys, create an account, or make a purchase. This information may include:
- your name;
- contact information including your email address, telephone number, and address;
- health-related information, such as the names of your health care providers, prescription medications, provider notes, laboratory results, test and imaging results, and dates of service;
- transaction information, such as your billing information and transaction history;
- payment information, such as payment card numbers, expiration dates, and security codes, which are provided directly to our third-party payment processor; and
- any other information you submit, such as through comments or questions that you submit through the Website.
Information About Others
In some circumstances, you may provide information about other individuals in order to support the services you have requested. For example, when you use the Website, you may submit information about your parent such as their name, contact information, and health-related information. You should not provide us with information about other individuals without their permission.
- Information We Collect Automatically
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we collect some information automatically when you use the Website through technologies such as cookies, log files, and web beacons. The types of information that we automatically collect may include:
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or our Website, such as IP address or other transactional or identifier information for your device (such as device make and model, information about device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system related specifications);
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with the Website which may include the URLs of the Website that you have visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, the application you used, how long you used the application and when, and other usage statistics;
- Information that facilitates a safer and more personalized experience, such as user identification information, saved preferences, and device identifiers or usage information for authentication and fraud prevention purposes; and
- Information about your approximate location, which we may derive from device information such as IP address.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect or receive for the following purposes:
- operating, developing, and improving the services;
- administering our services and performing our obligations under our agreements with our customers;
- communicating with you including by responding to questions and communications, or obtaining your feedback about our services;
- providing recommendations for health care-related third party services that may be of interest to you;
- analyzing usage trends and patterns and measuring the effectiveness of the services and its features;
- complying with legal or regulatory requirements, judicial process, and our company policies (including due diligence and contracting activities);
- evaluating or conducting a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding; and
- for any other purpose that you may authorize or direct at the time we collect your information.
How We Share Your Information
To accomplish the purposes set out above, we may share your information with third parties that may include:
- your healthcare provider, for example, if you are using a Service that requires us to collect your historical healthcare information from your healthcare provider;
- service providers that perform services on our behalf and under our direction;
- other third parties as necessary to (a) protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property; (b) protect the rights, interest and safety and security of the Website, our organization, or members of the public; (c) protect against fraud, and (d) investigate and prosecute users who engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or to others’ property;
- a buyer or other successor or organization in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding; and
- with such other parties, or for such other purposes, as you may authorize or direct when we collect the information.
We also collect information about your use of the Website through tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a unique numeric code that is transferred to your computer to track your interests and preferences and to recognize you as a return visitor. A “Web beacon” is a transparent file placed on a Web site that enables the monitoring of things such as user activity and site traffic.
Other examples of your choices include:
- You can browse our website without registering or directly submitting any information to us. We may collect some limited information automatically, as described above.
- You may change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. Our Website does not currently respond to browser “do not track” signals, so you will need to use your browser settings to effectively manage cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause the Website not to work as intended and some features may not be available.
We maintain safeguards intended to protect the personal information collected through the Website. We use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information. The security of your personal information also depends on you. You should keep your access credential confidential and make sure your devices and software are up-to-date to ensure the latest security measures are installed.
How to Contact Us